Wax stamp?

I want to make an impression in the top of my wax. Almost like a reverse embed. Has anyone done this or do you have any suggestions? I am thinking maybe I can melt the tops with a heat gun (a little? A lot?) and use a wax seal stamp? 

Or should I give up that idea and make embeds? If so, how do I make an embed with soy wax...or do I need to make them with a “stronger” wax? 
And last question...how do I make or buy a custom embed/mold??

ANY advice or experience is much  appreciated! 

I’d be inclined to test a metal wax seal stamp. Heat it with a heat gun and press on the top. 

embeds can look good, or terrible.  I used to do them In beeswax to help ID scents quickly, but got tired of the added work pretty fast. 

10 hours ago, candlesinflorida said:

Do you mean the kind of stamps that are used to stamp envelope seals?

What about a soap stamp?

And did you find beeswax worked much better than pillar wax for the embeds?

Yes the metal stamp.  Soap stamps are usually some form of plastic which may not give a consistent stamp impression. 

not sure “better” is the word.  I used colored beeswax embeds in beeswax so I could tell the various fragrances apart. Eventually I changed my labeling and production set up so I could stop that.  It was a big waste of time and wax for my particular candles. Some colors would end up bleeding pretty badly and others just looked terrible with natural beeswax bloom over time. 

I chose not to make special embeds in soy as there was no appreciable benefit to me for the effort. I color my soy and the colors would end up bleeding over time. My Customers were not willing to pay more for the time needed to make the embeds. I sold the same number with or without them so I saved myself the trouble 🤣

On 10/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, TallTayl said:

Yes the metal stamp.  Soap stamps are usually some form of plastic which may not give a consistent stamp impression. 

not sure “better” is the word.  I used colored beeswax embeds in beeswax so I could tell the various fragrances apart. Eventually I changed my labeling and production set up so I could stop that.  It was a big waste of time and wax for my particular candles. Some colors would end up bleeding pretty badly and others just looked terrible with natural beeswax bloom over time. 

I chose not to make special embeds in soy as there was no appreciable benefit to me for the effort. I color my soy and the colors would end up bleeding over time. My Customers were not willing to pay more for the time needed to make the embeds. I sold the same number with or without them so I saved myself the trouble 🤣

Makes sense. I just want to do an embed that is the same as uncolored soy wax. It doesn't need any FO. Although I think for my needs, I would rather have an imprint from a stamp. I will probably get a metal soap stamp but I just want to be sure it can work before I invest. I imagine the soy wax has to be "firm" enough not to smush and to hold the image.  I am wondering if adding stearic will held the wax harden up more to take the impression.