Why has my rapeseed candle gone bubbly after first burn?

Hello I hope some of you can help and shed some light as to why my candle has gone bubbly at the top after it's first 3/4 hour burn? The wax is a mix of rapeseed, beeswax and steric acid. I added 10% (ratio to wax) essential oil to it. I let it cure for 1 week. The scent throw was great when cold and when I lit it too, but once it cooled again this is how it looked. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, S.

IMG_1077.JPG

Edited by Floraldays
inserted pic

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

The various waxes blended into that have different cooling rates. Often natural waxes have this type of look after burning, especially if the wick was too hot for the blend. 

Is it a ribbon wick? 

Thanks for your reply - is there anything I can do to prevent it happening? The wick is a TCR one. The website I bought them from states "Ecological tightly braided wick series. Our TRECCIOLINO TCR is made from pure long strand ring spun cotton and paper and it has been especially designed for candles made from natural ingredients usually adopted for cosmetic use (e.g.: shea butter) and vegetable-based wax candles."

Yes u can try other wick series.  CD, CDN, CSN, HTP, LX are all used successfully by veg wax users in the states. 

The next option is to wick down. 

The next is to add a bit of container paraffin to smooth things out. 

On 6/21/2019 at 3:24 PM, TallTayl said:

Yes u can try other wick series.  CD, CDN, CSN, HTP, LX are all used successfully by veg wax users in the states. 

The next option is to wick down. 

The next is to add a bit of container paraffin to smooth things out. 

Ah ok, I'll give the different wicks a go. I want to keep the candles natural so will avoid adding any paraffin to it. Thank you so much for your help, much appreciated :)