Newbie here, just wanted to say hi

:) Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info. about candle making. I am new to this and have only made a few with the kits from Northstar which turned out pretty good. I just ordered some of the 449 from Peaks and some of their FO's to try, seems to be a good company from what I have read here. Will be here Mon.:yay: . May try the Calsoy CB-3 also. How many waxes do most of you test when first starting out? Also may try KY 125 and the JS soy. My horse is on 6 weeks R and R:embarasse from a leg injury so mom has some extra time on her hands for trying new waxes. And all of you are great and this is my first post so hope it turns out OK.

Hello from one newbie to another.

I've been working with the CB-3. I like the throw, but you'll see that a couple of us are having trouble wicking it. I've tried, let's see... five waxes so far...but I'm narrowing it down. It's the fragrance oils that add up! WAY too many to choose from.:rolleyes2 It's addicting!

Welcome to the board!

Hi and welcome to the board. Peak is a great company to buy from and I'm sure you'll love their FO's. I tried 9 different container waxes before finally settling on one. I've been making candles for about 5 years and I still keep testing new waxes just to see if there is anything that I like better.:)

Welcome! I use KY 125 and their 115 soy. They are all I have ever used and have had very few issues so far. I just test and test to get the right wicks for the jar and fragrance oil.;)

p.s. I have 3 horses and understand the grief that occurs when they are sick...hope your horse is better soon.:cry2:

-Joanna

May have to try the 125 next, seen several positive post on this wax. Do you add anything to it? I have a lot to learn and just trying to pick one is not going to be easy, trying to stay with ones others have had success with and do a lot of testing! And I thought horses were expensive!:smiley2:

Glad to see other horse lovers on this board also. My guy is back sound now, just needs more rest time before going back out on trails so I get to do a lot of testing and reading:cheesy2:

I use 1/2 KY 125 and 1/2 KY 115 soy. I add 2% beeswax to this and get nicer tops that look better after a burn. I tested just the 125, just the 115 and the mix and preferred the mix. It had the best scent throw and cleanest burn. I tried adding the beeswax to improve the tops and have liked it ever since. However I think most people don't add beeswax to just the KY 125. The best thing to do is experiment yourself and be prepared for a lot of testing. Good Luck and welcome.:highfive:

p.s. The KY website has a message board that I have found very helpful. Vickey is very quick at responding to questions.

Thank you so much.:) I will give this mixture a try. Plan on ordering the KY and the CB-3 today to test along with the 449 that will be here Mon. Think I will stick to these 3 for now so I don't get too overwhelmed. Just want to be able to compare them at the same time.

Thanks Everyone for the "Welcome" post!!:yay:

Welcome to the board. You can find just about any answer to a problem. I've been on this board for a little over a year and have always gotten good solid info. Also seeing that you are new here you probably aren't aware there was another board they ran, I never did hear exactly what happened. You can get archived info from it also by using the search option, put this link in your favorites.

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=veggiewax;action=display;num=1122036638

HTH

Keep on Pouring,

John