IGI 6006 wick help needed please!

Pip

I have tested so many different wicks, all seem to smoke And flicker, htp 105 was my favorite seemed to not smoke as much. Did not burn clean left wax all along the sides, it tends to lean one way this is really the hardest wax to wick 😩

What container are you wicking. Wicks tend to smoke and flicker when the candle is over wicked, you might try moving down a size. A good rule of thumb is to use the smallest wick that will burn all the wax in your container. CDs, LXs, and zinc core wicks are popular in 6006, none of them are perfect.

Pip, you are correct HTPs burn the best and least amount of issues in 6006 in my long time experience with 6006... HOWEVER, as you mentioned they lean to one size so badly it makes them almost unusable a lot of times. I have same issue with CD wicks except the smoke and soot a lot more for me than HTPs. Some other notes from me:

Zincs work well except with tough FOs, but the mushroom bad over time usually.

LX's work well if you can find right size that melts across top without also being too large and flame getting to big or too small that it eventaully dies out.

ECOs are usualy way too big of flames with smoke and soot

Premiers are similar to LX but i have a bit better luck with them.

the list goes on and on.

Here is my overall point. You picked a great wax overall, but also one of the toughest to wick consistently. I have about 80-100 different candles made with 6006 and the majority are with different wicks (families and sizes). Depends so much on the combination of the FO and jar.

GL.