Question about layers & flipping palm containers

I always deal with air pockets by flipping my palm container candles.  Usually when I do layers, I poke relief holes between layers and flip after the final layer. I usually do several layers.  Now I'm gonna do a bunch with just 2 layers.  So my question is,  if I pour the bottom layer tonight and flip them over, not poking relief holes, can I pour the top layer tomorrow and flip?  And if I do that, will there be air pockets at the bottom of the top layer? 

I really, really, really don't wanna have to do any repours.  I've never had a problem with air pockets in layers before, but I usually do 3 or 4 layers, so each layer is thinner.  This time with only 2 layers, I'm thinking I might have a problem.  I'm using 16oz square masons, if that matters.

This is so great, I have a friend who requested layered palm candles, so I need to work this out too.

Thinking about it, I don't see why pouring one layer, flipping and cooling, and then doing the next layer the next day wouldn't work. I recall reading a thread from Top of Murray Hill in which he explained that as long as the pockets were far enough down the candle for the hot wax to seep into gradually, that's enough to prevent wick flares. It's just when the pockets are right up by the top of the wick that problems occur. So even if the second layer (the top layer) had a pocket at its bottom, that would still be in the middle of the candle.

That's my though process anyway. With the high pouring temp of the palm, does it liquefy the layer beneath it? That was my concern.

And I'm curious about the relief holes. So you poke a hole, and pour the next layer in? So layer 1 would end up with a bit of layer 2 in it, yes? I guess they kind of mix together anyway when they burn. 

I have actually never purchased or made a layered candle before, it just hasn't been of interest to me, so this is going to be a challenge. You use fragrances that compliment each other, since they'll mix a bit, right? And what about the colors mixing? Or am I inventing problems, lol.