Apothecary Jars

I am down to my last 3 cases of Apothecary Jars and need to order more but A) I'm having a hard time finding true apothecary jars, most are the country comfort jars - which is fine, but I'd rather have the thin type with no lip and B ) where I do find apothecary jars, the shipping is outrageous. 

A place 1 state away, for $43 worth of jars, shipping is $49. For $90 worth of jars shipping is $88, It's so ridiculous! I know everyone always complains about shipping but my god it's gotten bad... 

13 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I am down to my last 3 cases of Apothecary Jars and need to order more but A) I'm having a hard time finding true apothecary jars, most are the country comfort jars - which is fine, but I'd rather have the thin type with no lip and B ) where I do find apothecary jars, the shipping is outrageous. 

A place 1 state away, for $43 worth of jars, shipping is $49. For $90 worth of jars shipping is $88, It's so ridiculous! I know everyone always complains about shipping but my god it's gotten bad... 

Are these the Apothecary Jars you are looking for.  They are the ones i just ordered along with my wax.  shipping with 10 pounds wax and a few other things was only  $24.19 and i live several states away from there.  I ordered a dozen jars with lids. Not sure how there jar prices compare to other places but the shipping was the best i could find. 

I looked at Lonestar, but didn't consider those because of them being 22oz and I use 16 oz, however, after looking at the specs, they might be the same size I use. their 16oz jars are the country comfort, so I dismissed them. 

Maybe I'll put in an order for 1 case, I need some other stuff from there anyway, so it might work out. 

Ok i saw they were 22 but i based it off of the to the fill line capacity not the overfill capacity.  I might be thinking wrong on that but they will still work for what i am gonna use it for.  personally i like the looks of the candles more if the wax doesn't go up the very top.  But i can see were candle makers would consider that a 22 oz.  It looks like Lonestar used the fill capacity count for the country comfort and used a capacity amount that it doesn't even show on the page for the libby storage jar.

Edited by ncraiders

They will work. They are the exact same size as the "16oz" at the other place, so yeah, for 5 cases, the base price is slightly more, but the shipping price is less, which makes the overall price about $30 cheaper. 

Thank for your suggestion. I appreciate it. 

I must have had a brain fart. I didn't even think to look at the specs. DUH

You are welcome.  You answered all the palm questions i have come up with so far.  Tho i may come up with a few more once i actually get the wax and start testing with it.  So i am glad i could help you in return.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, grama said:

http://www.candlesandsupplies.net/Candle-Making/Premium-3-7-oz-Apothecary-Jars

I can't tell if these are the ones you are looking for or not,  first picture looked like them but when I clicked to jars not to sure.  I had been getting mine from candle science.  I am out so hope their shipping has improved.

They are the jars I am/was looking for, but with shipping it's still more expensive to me than Lonestar is/was even with adding some additional FO's.  After extensive searching (and actually looking at the specs of the jars I want to use LOL), Lonestar was it for me. Although pricier per case, the shipping averages out to be anywhere from $30-$50 cheaper than any other place, and that lowers my overall cost of the jar, so I went with them. 

For me, Candle Science shipping was the most expensive by FAR and they are the closest to me by literally a thousand miles. LOL So they are out for me. Shipping was more expensive than the actual cases of product were from them. 

• Like 1