my candle was strong on warmer, but not lit in jar, why.

I been testing the square 8 ozs mason jar, found out an htp 105 worked good as far as melt pool, but it had no strong scent throw. thought it was just the fo. but when i put the jar with the last ounce of wax in it, on my electric warmer.. the cinnamon was strong. keep it on there for 2 days , had a good strong smell the whole time, i'm just about ready to forget candles in a container and just sticking with tarts:rolleyes2 i was testing ky perfect blend.

You probably would have noticed this, but, since cinnamon is a heavy oil, is there any possibility that the oil didn't get mixed into the wax good, and settled in the bottom part of the candle? That would make the last part smell the strongest. Also, it just seems that I get stronger throw, in general, from tarts than candles. The warmer gets the wax hotter, imo, than you would wick a candle. If you wicked a candle this hot, you would have sooting and other problems. Anyway, I just know that I can pour candles at 1 oz/ppw and the candle not be strong enough, but pour tarts at the same ratio and they are plenty strong.

Your candles, almost always, will smell stronger on a warmer or in a tart. It's the heat that is generated that throws the scent. I've made many pillar candles and only a few have thrown strongly, the others were light to moderate throw, but my tarts and tins on the warmer never let me down. Containers do much better than the pillars and can be equal to a tart or tin on a warmer...that is if you have the right amount of quality FO and the right wick.

Thanks all, i love making tarts but want to get the perfect candle also :) so i keep trying, and i know what you mean Fern, i have made container candles (jj) that smells good. this wax ( pb) was bought by mistake, i rather have the parsoy. i have make cinnamon in that wax and it done fine. the 105 wick worked good on some other fo's. think i will try a different wick , a 51 or 60 z .