Soy/Gel Pie Candle

Situation:

I am wanting to make a strawberry and

5 inch soy pie (crust/embeds) candle.   I noticed that the ”syrup”  is made out of gel.    As I am buying all my supplies I am noticing that most fragrances say that they are not gel safe.  As the candle melts I definitely don’t want my fragrance and candle catching on fire!! 

So do I use regular fragrance in my Soy wax strawberries,  and gel safe fragrance in my “syrup”?  Or just a “gel safe” fragrance in both soy strawberries AND gel? 

I know it seems kind of wordy but I just want to make sure as my candle is melting that it will not catch on fire because of the fragrance/gel combo.  

Edited by Erincheri
Misspellings

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 7:25 PM, Erincheri said:

Situation:

I am wanting to make a strawberry and

5 inch soy pie (crust/embeds) candle.   I noticed that the ”syrup”  is made out of gel ...

I apologize for not spotting this sooner!  Thanks @Jcandleattic !!

If your gel is going to be for a topping only, I wouldn't even worry about it at all, just use your regular candle scent. 

It's when the gel is the entire candle, or a greater portion than just topping when there is the consideration of the scent sinking to the bottom.  In your case, you have soy wax there that is going to take up the scent.  Just make sure you're using a wick that burns well with both gel and soy.

• Thanks 1