Wicks.

At the moment I am using ECO wicks and they're fine.. however, I'm curious if they just don't burn hot enough or if I'd be better off with a different kind of wick for my Enchanted Lites Millenium wax candles. I'm making them in 8 ounce tins from candle science with about 1 ounce of FO (could possibly go a little more), no dye. Does anyone have an preference between the HTPs, CDs, or premiere wicks? Or have any idea which of each would be close to an ECO 12, 14 or 16? I wish I could find a good chart. Every wick chart I look at seems to say something totally different. :/

I like the eco 10 in that wax in tins for most scents. Am getting great throw and (so far) nice burn. It won’t get quite to the edges for the first couple of burns, which is good. The problem with tins comes at burn #3 or 4 when if the rate of consumption is not matched with the heat the whole second half of the tin goes all liquid. That happens to me with cd and others. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I like the eco 10 in that wax in tins for most scents. Am getting great throw and (so far) nice burn. It won’t get quite to the edges for the first couple of burns, which is good. The problem with tins comes at burn #3 or 4 when if the rate of consumption is not matched with the heat the whole second half of the tin goes all liquid. That happens to me with cd and others. 

Thanks, TallTayl,

Im actually test burning with an Eco 10 right now as we speak and I’m honestly liking how it’s burning so I guess it could be a good choice too, this is just my first ever test burn and I didn’t use enough FO :( (as it was candle cocoon and I was concerned about it being too strong.) I just finished the second round of burning just now and it’s doing alright... still not full meltpool (which I know is ok) I just wasn’t sure if maybe I might be better of with something besides Eco in the long run. If i can still with them though, that’s ok too!

Speaking of ECO wicks, I have been using them quite often but am having and issue at extinguishing. They afterglow and smoking is quite significant. Even after putting a lid on the candle the wicks are still glowing red and take a good amount of time to extinguish completely.  I keep them trimmed. I'm using ECO 10's/12's for 8 oz straight sided jars with C3 and a FO of either .07% or .08%. My 4 oz tins with Eco 6 don't seem to smoke as much but still smoked more than I would like. Any suggestions on different wicks to try or advice is appreciated.  Thanks! 

2 hours ago, 12MoonStudio said:

Speaking of ECO wicks, I have been using them quite often but am having and issue at extinguishing. They afterglow and smoking is quite significant. Even after putting a lid on the candle the wicks are still glowing red and take a good amount of time to extinguish completely.  I keep them trimmed. I'm using ECO 10's/12's for 8 oz straight sided jars with C3 and a FO of either .07% or .08%. My 4 oz tins with Eco 6 don't seem to smoke as much but still smoked more than I would like. Any suggestions on different wicks to try or advice is appreciated.  Thanks! 

I also use C3 and I changed to HTP wicks. I felt they extinguished much faster than the Eco wicks in C3. I use HTP 105 or HTP 126 in 9 oz straight sided tumbler. You might try them and see if you have better luck...

• Thanks 1