Is anyone blending C3 for melts?

This last lot I got has literally thrown me over the edge.  I'd like to blend it so not to waste 100# of wax.  This lot the tops of the clamshells are downright ugly.  It's not just the dip anymore they just aren't smooth.  Nothing else has changed except the lot # on the wax.  Just curious if anyone has found something to blend with C3 to make it better?  Throw is still good it's just the look and USA isn't helping.  I'd like whatever I blend it with to be a good container wax as well.

For my container candles I add 3% coconut oil. I'm experimenting with USA and C3 for clamshells. I've got a question for you regarding that since it appears you use it for that...I assume the amount is 2% but at what temp do you add the USA? I've been adding at 185.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:20 PM, Donna said:

For my container candles I add 3% coconut oil. I'm experimenting with USA and C3 for clamshells. I've got a question for you regarding that since it appears you use it for that...I assume the amount is 2% but at what temp do you add the USA? I've been adding at 185.

Thanks for the reply.  I already use USA with C3 and I was using 2 Tablespoons for every 5# of wax but with these wax changes I'm down to 1 Tablespoon.  I add right with my wax but you have to heat it to  almost the 200 degree mark.  It is hard and won't melt easily at lower temps.  I use same wax for containers and clamshell melts.  I heat my wax to 200 and when all melted I then turn it down and get ready to start pouring.  I just bought some coconut wax to start testing the blend at 10% - 20%.  I've tried the coconut oil before but only in candles not in clamshells.

Edited by kandlekrazy