Help ! Are these spots from candles getting too cold?

I shipped 48 candles from Texas to MA they were two day air shipped candles were poured and cured ten days were packed in  crinkled packing paper  and were beautiful before shipping I have shipped many Soy candles before but usually ground it was just cheaper for this order to use flat rate the destination was 27 degrees the day they were delivered and may have sat on door step for a few hours

wax is millennium Soy 7 percent fo in 6 different frAgrances all candles were effected 

tried to pack exactly as I had packed and put a candle in my freezer all night and recreate issue and it was beautiful i am wondering if it was close to an engine and hot and then got so cold? I did pay for and have shipped a heat gun to the client who was willing to give that a try and most are clearing up but not all I have offered a refund if the candles are sent back customer is really wanting her private labeled candles to work and is being wonderful but I am stumped and wAnt to make sure I never  recreate this issue again

has anyone else shipped and had candles get these spots my guess is candles are pulling away from glass from the cold 

anyone have this happen anyone have any ideas I posted in general candles and no answer and I am afraid to do wholesale till I figure this out I have been shipping singles for a few years but never in 27 degree weather that. I am aware of I hear about issues shipping in heat but I have not heard about cold weather issues

thoughts ,  opinions , experiences help please! Makes me wNt to never ship again....

IMG_2910.PNG

IMG_2911.PNG

Edited by shicks

What a head scratcher!  It's probably the camera angle but some of those spots really look opaque and like they're on the outside surface of the glass and not even near wax. Is this scalloped glass container one that you've used before without issues? 

1 hour ago, pughaus said:

What a head scratcher!  It's probably the camera angle but some of those spots really look opaque and like they're on the outside surface of the glass and not even near wax. Is this scalloped glass container one that you've used before without issues? 

Its the angle and the glass they are on inside I have shipped these glasses and used them for two years just not in 27 degrees and I usually don't ship candles priority so may have been close to engine? Then crazy cold?

I don't use Soy, only paraffin but sometimes I get wet spots....no matter what temp I pour at.  I'm in SW Arizona and you'd think that I'd never have a wet spot problem considering our temps but sometimes I do.  I pour container candles that are ''prefect'', store them in the closet and later, pull them out and low and behold they have wet spots.  I relate this to ambient temp changes and don't really worry about it because the candle still burns as formulated.....wet spots or not.  But then I don't sell, only make for myself, friends & relatives.

I suggest you wonder thru various stores that sell candles and look to see how many wet spots you can detect.  The wet spots are not a sign of pour candle making but are a result of ambient temps. JMHO

Edited by Pam W