Pleasant surprise from RE

Sarah S

I put in an order with RE for a few things, including one of my favorite FOs, Havana Nights. If you're a fan of masculine or cologne type scents, this is so amazing, rich with spices and tobacco, a hint of patch and I swear I smell rum... So good!

Anyway, I got the new Gilded Amber as a sample FO and it is wonderful! I love ambers, I must have at least a half dozen varieties, and this one is particularly nice, strong but not real heavy, a beautiful floralish top note that makes it seem airy and bright. I haven't put it in anything, hopefully it doesn't change. I can't decide if I want to soap it or wax it!! :( Decisions, decisions, lol.

Also, because I can't resist a deal, I ordered a couple of the clearance FO's, the Cornucopias and Gourds and the Corriander Citrus. Curnucopia is very subtle, but really a lovely fall scent, and I've mixed it very successfully with some other more expensive scents to punch it up a bit. Very earthy and leafy but dry, if that makes sense. Reminds me of the corn fields this time of year in my area. The Corriander is very clean with a strong citrus top note, with a green heart and a very subtle musky dry down. Really nice. I think I'm going to make a kitchen soap & candle combo with that one.  All in all, I was very pleased that I took a chance and ordered the big bottles of those.

now I have to resist going back for a big bottle of that amber! :) 

• Like 3

@Sarah S You are so good at describing scents!  I can't do that.  

Too bad we have complete opposite tastes in FO's.  :) 

I got French Vanilla and Amber from Peak last year for my DIL. She likes it, but I don't.  So no more amber for me.  You must be young.  :)

I don't want anything with tobacco or patch either, although I do have a bottle of both.

Your lovely description of Corriander does sound nice though.  I bought some Peak's Cornucopia a few years back.  I really liked it. Fruity and nutty but no spices.  It didn't sell well though.

Thank you Gail, scent descriptions are tough when fragrance preferences can be so subjective!

You made me laugh, I guess I am young from certain points of view, but my kids think I'm ancient, I'm sure! 😆

This Cornucopia doesn't have any fruity notes, and the spice is very faint. It's more leafy to my nose, with hints of fresh gourds, like the way a green pumpkin smells. We shall see if it's a good seller!

• Haha 1