Pouring multiple scents out of one big melt?

Ok, I'm a newbie, but I've got the basic technique down for my containers, I think. My question is...I want to do several samples of FO, and I don't want to melt it one pound at the time. My pour pot holds 4 plus pounds.

One pound of wax (weighed prior to melting) will fill two of my containers with just a little bit left over if I need to repour. I am right in thinking that I can pour out 20 liquid ounces into a pyrex and treat it like it is one pound pre-melted weight? I melt my wax in a double boiler fashion using my pour pot. This will work great as most of my sample FOs are one ounce.

Will the wax stay hot enough in the pyrex if I originally heat it to 180 before transferring to the pyrex to add color and FO before I pour? I use IGI 4630 and it suggests to pour at 160-180.

Sure does seem like it would be easier than melting a pound at the time. I have my eye on an ebay Presto with spout but my hubby wants me to wait as this is a new hobby for me, and I've already spent like $500 on containers, wax, scent, and equipment. OH, and don't forget SHIPPING. No distributors in Mississippi that I know of.

So, what does everyone think??? TIA for the help!:)

Just get the presto, you won't be sorry. You can melt the wax and then weigh out what you need to scent, dye, etc.

You can buy one at walmart for $20 and add the spigot yourself, or just use a pyrex measuring cup or ladel to weigh out the wax in your pour pot.

I agree with Trish. I still don't have a spout on any of mine.

For now though, yes, 20 fl oz is about the same as 1 lb in wax. No, it probably wont stay warm enough, unless you pre-heat the pyrex cup. You can set the cup in a double boiler to keep the wax at the temp you want until mixing and ready to pour though.