Need recommendations from Save on Scents, please

ellajoan

Have you tried searching "Save on Scents" in the Fragrance Discussion forum?  I entered it in quotes and got 84 results.  That's how I always search for suppliers and fragrances.  Of course lots of times posters refer to suppliers by their initials like SOS, so I'm sure I miss a bunch of posts about a supplier.

I have tried several sniffies from there, and ordered a few larger bottles.  I use the sniffies in either a melt or an 8 oz  bottle of lotion or shower gel.  I keep a jug of base from WSP on hand for this purpose. I love that you can order sniffies and not pay for shipping.  Last time I ordered them it was 5 for $4.50, and you can order as many as you want. 

I have ordered these in either 4 or 8 oz bottles:

Linden, I got it in ultra strength, throws great in 464.  I liked it at first, but now find it a bit cloying and am sick of it.  I'll keep it though, and use it again eventually.  Strong throw in 464.  Used some in melt and pour soaps, worked fine, but  I'm over this scent for now.

Magnolia, a bit similar to the Linden.  I really liked this at first.  Have not burned the candles I made from this, but I think it will be similar to the Linden.  I'm not getting rid of it just yet. May try mixing with something else.

Philosophy dupe of Field of Flowers in extreme strength, throws well, smells good

Philosophy dupe of Pure Grace in extreme.  Does not throw in 464, have not tried in other wax.  Is good for lotion, shower gel, melt and pour.   Not very strong at all, smells good.  Side note on this one, Bulk Apothecary has a version of Pure Grace, and it throws much better in 464.  It does not smell as true to the original as SOS, but at least you can smell it in candles.  I would say it is still on the lighter side.

Asian Paper Whites, does not smell like the flower. This is more like a scent you would smell in a hippie store or head shop from the 70s, but not a patchouli type.  OOB smells like it would be very strong in candles.   Makes a good candle, but lighter on throw than expected in 464.  I let mine cure a long time, usually months because I always have so many others to burn.  This one had at least an 8 month cure before I got around to burning one.  I got it in ultra strength

Ivy, nice, strong throw in 464.  Smells like something green, I don't think it smells much like actual Ivy.  Bought in ultra.

Aquamarine, good throw in 464, bought in ultra.  Sort of a perfume floral watery scent.  I like it, but not in large doses.   Made bath bombs with it, liked those.

Bob's Flower shop.  This was on sale, so I got the 16 oz.  It's nice and makes decent candles in 464.  I will use it up eventually.  I have standard strength.

Some of the sniffies I liked a lot were Apothecary Cucumber, Lemon Verbena.  I might order some of the cucumber, but I like RE's Lemon Verbena better.  I also liked some of the Eternal line, I think Lilies and also Violets.

I tried the Philosophy sampler pack, they are half ounce bottles in extreme.  I liked about half of those.  I have tried many other sniffies not listed here, but can't remember them all right now.  I have a little stash of them. Maybe at some point I will come back in here and add to this.