Olive Oil in soaps

Spellkast

I have searched everywhere on this forum and can't find an answer to my question!! Can I use regular olive oil (like extra virgin found at the grocery store) for CPOP soap? I'm trying my very first batch tonight and can not find pomace at my store. And I'm not patient enough to order some and wait for it. :) Can I use coconut oil (fractionated) or SAO in its place if I can't use regular olive oil? Here's two of the recipes I was thinking of starting with if they're needed (I will be cutting the recipe down dramatically!)

24 oz. Canola Oil

18 oz. Coconut Oil

6 oz. Cocoa Butter

6 oz. Castor Oil

16 oz. Olive oil

9.8 oz. Lye

21-23 oz. Cold Water

OR

72 oz. Olive Oil

12 oz. Coconut Oil

6 oz. Castor Oil

24-28 oz. Cold Water

12 oz. lye

Thanks for your help!

Yes ma'am you sure can. I use the Walmart Great Value Brand. I think it's 33 oz. for six something. On your second recipe, it might take a while to trace. I have one that is 35% Olive and it takes that one about 45 minutes to trace. I even add heavy cream, aloe and honey to that recipe and it STILL takes that long to trace. So, go make a store run and get it going! :highfive:

Sure you can use it. It soaps just fine. Most people don't use it because of the cost factor; it's the most expensive olive oil and the cheaper ones work just as well.

e

That's why I don't use the extra virgin. Can't afford it and the cheap stuff works just great! :tongue2: