Getting Closer to wicking success?

So I am really trying to get the hang of knowing how my wick is doing from HT, meltpool, hang up, flame size, etc.  Asking for yet a little more guidance as I test a few more fragrances.   

This is 464 in an 8 oz straight sided, 2.75 diameter, cured 2 weeks, using Premier 750, FO Cucumber, Violet and Fennel (yes, it's amazing) scented at 10% (probably too much, will back down to 8%).  HT is good, pics are from 2nd 3 hour test burn.  Premier 750 have proven to be a good starting point in this jar with 464.  Melt pool is not too deep, hard to determine, def at or under 1/4 inch.  Wick up to the 755?  Keep going with 750?  

Also, the throw is better after the candle is extinguished...is that indicative of under/overwicking?  Grateful for everyone's opinions.

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

Edited by ellajoan

Looks good.

What I do to save time is have 3 of the same jars going at the same time each one in a different wick size and burn them all at the same time. side by side.   You can tell right then and there as when it is burning which wicks are doing well.  Doing 1 jar at a time is very tedious and very time consuming for me.  You ask if you should go up a wick size?  You need to burn candle all the way to the end.  It's very crucial.

Trappeur

• Like 1