Anyone interested in discussing perfume ingredients?

glasllyn

11 hours ago, Julia Rabi said:

CandleRush

On 3/6/2019 at 12:03 PM, CandleRush said:

Interesting about the deodorized jojoba. I’ve only used the regular kind. Never noticed a scent. I use it in perfumes, lip balms and salves for me color is not an issue but I may try it. The recipe is simple and that’s what is nice about it. It gets complicated when you mix fragrances/ e.o. Together. But do take lots of notes!!! I made a lovely perfume using e.o.s and when I wanted to reproduce it to sell, no notes.

i also love using fractionated coconut oil for my roller perfume, saving the good stuff ( jojoba) for my face.

Interested Knowledge. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 5:30 AM, Sarah S said:

I think the problem would be that most body spray bases from suppliers are formulated to only hold up to a certain percentage of fragrance oil before you get separation and other issues. Usually it's only around 2-5%. For a good, strong, long lasting perfume, you really need a concentration more like 10-20% fragrance of perfume outlet usa.

I suppose if you were using a base that was water, glycerine, and an emulsifier like polysorbate, you could get around that by adding more polysorbate to the base, but that would take some experimenting.

I use grain alcohol (the kind that's makes you go blind if you drink it straight, 😂), and it works great. I only make it for me, I don't sell it.

I figure the issue would be that most body splash bases from providers are planned to just hold up to a specific level of scent oil before you get detachment and different issues. Typically it's about 2-5%. For a decent, solid, enduring scent, you truly need a fixation more like 10-20% scent.