Sorry for yet another question, but...

Sorry for all of the questions lately, guys ! I've been really wanting to try a parasoy blend, but I have an unhealthy fear of paraffin for some reason ?

i have always had a fear of fire...it used to be so bad that I couldn't even light a wick, no joke. So my fear is that even though I NEVER leave my wax while melting ( and I only use palm & soy so far ) that it will catch fire.

I'm being irrational, right ? And also, canni safely melt parasoy in my presto ? 

16 minutes ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Sorry for all of the questions lately, guys ! I've been really wanting to try a parasoy blend, but I have an unhealthy fear of paraffin for some reason ?

i have always had a fear of fire...it used to be so bad that I couldn't even light a wick, no joke. So my fear is that even though I NEVER leave my wax while melting ( and I only use palm & soy so far ) that it will catch fire.

I'm being irrational, right ? And also, canni safely melt parasoy in my presto ? 

Your concern is that paraffin wax has a propensity to ignite while soy and palm do not? 

You can melt any kind of wax you want in a Presto.

• Like 1

Yes, I guess I have this fear that paraffin will ignite and cause a huge fire right as I melt it, which I know deep down, is ridiculous.

I should have worded my actual question better ( or waited until I had coffee lol ) but I guess what I'm asking is, do I take parasoy out as soon as it's melted to avoid a fire ? Will it catch on fire if it is in a few seconds past that, or is that unfounded on my part ?

Edited by WaxingPoetic

Just now, WaxingPoetic said:

Yes, I guess I have this fear that paraffin will ignite and cause a huge fire right as I melt it, which I know deep down, is ridiculous.

I should have worded my actual question better ( or waited until I had coffee lol ) but I guess what I'm asking is, do I take parasoy out as soon as it's melted toavoid a fire ? Will it catch on fire if it is in a few seconds past that, or is that unfounded on my part ?

Well, I am perhaps unclear why or how raw paraffin wax would spontaneously combust! I probably should not give you more fear by asking if you are familiar with the chemical process soy wax goes through to become soy wax! 

You would not treat soy, paraffin, palm, beeswax any different melting in a Presto with of course the exception of melting each to their optimum temperature for your application. 

Paraffin wax is not kerosene or propane. It is wax. 

Well I think that the combust into an uncontrollable fire is just part of my phobia, lol but....I see your point, and that actually made me feel better what you said about the soy !

I can see now that I am just really overthinking this and feeding the fear, so I will definitely be buying some parasoy in the near future ! Idk of you use it or not, but if so...do you have any suggestions on a brand / supplier ? 

Yes! Think of any raw wax as generally the same basic material. It is wax. Each has it's benefits, each has it's drawbacks. Each will have nuances such as optimum temperature to heat, temp to pour and also percentages of oil each can tolerate.  You finding what you prefer working with and best suits your goals is the fun, yet maddening, part of this. I purposely have tested about every kind of wax I could (except coconut wax) so that I could know for myself what I liked and what worked best for me. There is nothing better than first hand knowledge of something. No wax that I am aware is prone to unprovoked combustion unless you do something unexpected like heat it to 800 degrees, dump in pounds of fragrance oil and forget about it in a room full of sawdust or fabric! 

While I tested parasoy waxes, I did not choose to use parasoy so cannot be of help with brands nor suppliers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, justajesuschick said:

Yes! Think of any raw wax as generally the same basic material. It is wax. Each has it's benefits, each has it's drawbacks. Each will have nuances such as optimum temperature to heat, temp to pour and also percentages of oil each can tolerate.  You finding what you prefer working with and best suits your goals is the fun, yet maddening, part of this. I purposely have tested about every kind of wax I could (except coconut wax) so that I could know for myself what I liked and what worked best for me. There is nothing better than first hand knowledge of something. No wax that I am aware is prone to unprovoked combustion unless you do something unexpected like heat it to 800 degrees, dump in pounds of fragrance oil and forget about it in a room full of sawdust or fabric! 

While I tested parasoy waxes, I did not choose to use parasoy so cannot be of help with brands nor suppliers. 

Thank you so much, you have no idea how helpful you have been ! This really helped to change my mindset :)