Easy Lotion Bar Recipe

Sweet68cam

Hey guy's found this and thought maybe someone might like to try it or maybe someone already has and has a review on it. Seems pretty easy I think I will give it a try myself.

100 ml Coconut Oil

75 grams Beeswax

100 ml Sweet Almond Oil

2.5 ml FO

Gently melt beeswax & coconut oil together in double boiler. Remove from heat but keep over the warm water. Add sweet almond oil & FO. Stir til clear. Pour into molds & let sit for about 1/2 hour to hour. That's it!

What do u guy's think...sound any good??

I have a question since I am still learning, is the coconut oil the 76 degree or the fractionated? TIA

Diamond, to tell you the truth I found this online and I am still learning also so I have no idea, I am assuming htat it is the 76 degree but may be wrong any one know which it prob is? Sorry I am not much help...I just posted cause I thought someome might like it since it was an easy one.. :)

Kinda sounds like a hard bar to rub in. I would use a butter(shea, cocoa) in place of the coconut oil.

JMHO..I have never made this bar

Here is a good recipe

2 oz beeswax

1 oz almond oil

1 oz cocoa butter

Fragrance (by the drop, until it is the scent you want)

Melt the beeswax and cocoa butter in a glass container in the microwave, or a clean pot on the stove.

When it is completely melted remove from heat and add the almond oil. Then add your fragrance and/or coloring.

Makes 4 1oz lotion bar tubes

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was told that all parts should be equal (beeswax, butter, oils) so that's what i do

I use

1oz beeswax

.5 oz shea butter

.5 oz kokum butter

1oz SAO or a light oil

fo to preference

goes on great not sticky or hard you can substitute the oils or butter but I found coconut oil or cocoa butter to be hard and shea by itself too greasy.

:wink2:

stupid question - but I have to ask: Does this make 1 bar so I would have to multiply it by how many bars I wanted? :tongue2:

"I was told that all parts should be equal (beeswax, butter, oils) so that's what i do

I use

1oz beeswax

.5 oz shea butter

.5 oz kokum butter

1oz SAO or a light oil

fo to preference

goes on great not sticky or hard you can substitute the oils or butter but I found coconut oil or cocoa butter to be hard and shea by itself too greasy."

stupid question - but I have to ask: Does this make 1 bar so I would have to multiply it by how many bars I wanted? :tongue2:
The formula you're referencing makes 3 oz. It depends on your containers. Lots of folks use the 1 oz pushup containers, so it would make 3 of those.