Struggling to Wick 20 oz Status Jar

I am using 6006 and Seaside Mist f/o and have wicked this with zinc 51 which struggles to pool but has good scent throw.  I also tested 60 zinc and it had same basic effect.  my fragrance load is 1 oz since the actual fill amount is approx. 17 oz .  Anyone have any suggestions on alternative wick tests?  I have a sample pack of ECO's coming.  this is a new jar for me, I normally use a 16oz mason jar and zinc wicks and have good luck.

Guest OldGlory

Molly, post a picture after burning for one hour, then two hours, then three hours. One picture for each consecutive hour of burning. We can tell more if we see the candle as it burns. There may be nothing wrong with the wick - it could be that your expectations are skewed.

Molly,

I agree with old Glory Pics would help.

That being said, its a tough one to wick. I had issues with the zincs at that size reading a full MP as well (even after several burns)

Ecos are hotter and may do the trick. Same as with CD's (although im not a fan of them).

What is the diameter, just to double check?

Also, not to turn this thread another direction... but if you end up going with or wanting Ecos. I have a bag of roughly 1000 of both size 8 and size 10

Ill cut you a major deal on them if you decide you want or need them.

Good luck, look forward to your test burn pics.

Thanks for responding!  I have to agree that since my scent throw is so good, maybe my expectations are too high! I also wonder if I did not let it cure long enough.  I am firing up one more that I poured quite a few days ago and see if that kick it!  Nevertheless, I am going to rewick with the Eco either 8 or 10 and if I have better luck then maybe I will feel better about marketing & selling this jar.  I guess I will do a test with each of the sizes unless you can recommend one or the other?  And if they are good I would be interested in a deal! 

4 hours ago, MollyBo said:

I decided to test the Eco 10 and it's getting a nice MP over a 3-4 hour burn, so I am going with it.  It's a little mushroomy, but the zincs do that also!  Thanks for your imput!

good good. Glad to see you found something working.

As a reminder, if you end up wanting a load of Eco 10s or 8s, I have bag of roughly 1000

ill sell for around half of normal cost. Just let me know whenever.

THanks