Beeswax Suppliers?

I'm not sure how you all feel about sharing suppliers, but I'm always on the lookout for nice beeswax. Any suggestions?

I like beeswax that smells good! I've tried many different kinds, and some has no scent, while others have odd scents to them.

Right now we're using BW from Mountain Rose Herbs (not their pastilles) and Organic BW from New Directions Aromatics (Canadian).

I just got some BW to try out from Ruhl/Bushy Mountain. I tried two kinds they had, and one has very little smell but the other smells great. They arrived unlabeled so I'm not sure which is which, though I have an idea since I contacted their customer support to inquire. I'm burning some test candles now and they seem to be burning nicely. 

I've also tried the only somewhat close beekeeper I could find in my area. But he was very flaky and the little bit I did try from him didn't burn well for some reason. 

Depends on how much you are looking for, I buy bulk cases through suppliers like strahl&pitsch out of New York or Ross Wax in NJ. All of them vary in color and scent to some degree.

soapers choice had a nice batch of yellow last time I ordered in August. Theirs has varied from sunflower yellow to turmeric orange/yellow and from honey scent to deep smoky.

With local wax (and many commercial yellow refined) you often need to filter and refine it a bit so it will burn well in candles. I keep fully refined white on hand to blend when I get a difficult or dark batch of beeswax. The darker the wax the harder it will be to make a proper burning candle.

• Like 2