Hi!

PixieJ

TL;DR – My name is Jorie, Candles are my passion.:lol:

Hi, my name is Jorie. I fell in love with making candles when I was a child, and I made them with my mom (paraffin, crayons and string). About 10-15 yrs ago I started making real candles, after many false starts, my candles got to be pretty good . Due to some family problems I needed to stop for about 8 years.

Now I have used up the old wax, and some of the old fos they still have lots of throw! And am considering switching to all natural wax (soy and palm (from reputable sources)). I spent yesterday making the 1st and 2nd test batches of soy w/ scent. I got such a “high” from listening to music, dancing and pouring. (and I don't think I can wait 2 weeks for 1st burn... LOL.) My son came home and said it smelled like home again. :)

I just read the list of questions...

Age – physical or mental?

Where do you live? - Central, IL

Are you married? Any kids? I have been married longer than I care to mention and we have 1 adult son (going to college).

If candle/Soap making isn't your primary job, what do you do? I am a caregiver to my Husband (severe stroke) and our friend/roommate (diabetes and heart issues), and helping my son work his way through school (aka cooking, cleaning, etc)

• Like 2

Happens to us all. You get very impatient wanting to test out any new candle.

BTW-- my brother and I used to make candles when we were kids. We made them for light in our tree fort. We made very bad candles but it was a lot of fun. We used that paraffin for jar sealing you get at the grocers and kite string we soaked in the melted wax. The mold we used was one of those old milk cartons that we cut in half. The candles actually worked great and we were proud! LOL

It was fun making candles when you are young isn't it?!!:)

Hi Jorie,

Welcome to the board.  I dabbled with candles for a couple months 13ish years ago when I was stationed in Hawaii, something else came up during the move out there and I never did get back into the hobby, I always remember loving it though.  Maybe someday Ill get back into it.  Anyway there are a ton of great people here and lots of info, have fun.