Using palm wax for containers?

Hi there,

there are several pounds of palm wax from CS lying around in my workshop, I don't even know if it is for pillars (I think so but I cannot remember why the hell I have ordered pillar wax if I don't make any pillars at all:huh:....anyway: is there a chance I can put this stuff in containers? Maybe adding some coconut oil etc. to make it softer? Or just pour it cooler so it has a better adhesion? Please tell me I can use it, please, please, please (I'm already on my knees, can you see it?)!

maybe it is for containers, but it shrinks quite a bit in the jar...anyway, I need the candles tomorrow so have to figure it out today (closing my business and selling the rest of my stuff - and then pouring candles only for fun and friends!!)

• Like 1

Ubure you can probably figure it out by making a small sample candle like a votive. That way you don't waste a lot of wax and when it hardens you can tell by the type of crystal patterns what kind of wax it is. Check out pictures of the different types of palm wax on Peaks. My guess is it is either feather palm for pillars or glass glow for containers. If its glass glow you don't want to use it for pillars but you can use it for tarts successfully. If its feather palm it will make beautiful pillars and votives. You can make container candles with it but the wax will shrink inside the jar pulling away from the sides and make the candle rattle in the jar. Not much you can do about that. Be careful with what you add to the wax to make it a 'container' wax. Palm wax can very easily lose its crystalization by using additives or other waxes and end up looking like soy wax.

Edited by Candybee