Labels Coming Off

gail164

Well,  I finally got all the state requirements taken care of and my insurance for a year.  However, a few weeks ago all of the jar labels including the new warning stickers, have started coming loose on the edges on every jar!  In all the years I've been making candles I have never had this happen......do you suppose there is too much humidity in the studio? The jars were washed before using.  I can't think of any other reason this would happen. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Thank you in advance:)

Thank you for responding Vicky.  It's just the most recent ones and I think I may have found out what is wrong. I've had to go to a printing company here in the Bismarck area to help design some new labels, so I asked them about it yesterday. The first thing she asked me is whether or not the labels had been kept in storage or in an area where it was hot in summer and cold in winter for long periods of time. Well the answer was yes......the adhesive stopped working due to almost five years of varying temps. Lol this starting over thing has presented me with more problems than my original startup in 1999-2000!  Again, thank you! Enjoy your day!

• Like 1