glue

I hot glue my wicks to the bottom of the glass jar. One of my testers said that the wick came lose and floated the last 1/4 in. of jar. (She also said customers will be complaining about not getting their last 1/4 in of wax. I`m really thinking its because of the wick tab being so high. It didn't look like the wick moved to me. She also said I need to get smaller wick tabs that aren't so high....byebye tester! ) I read instructions on back of glue sticks and says glue will melt at 380 degrees. So, I`m going to Wally world to see if maybe they have a stronger melt stick, maybe in / craft / carpenter section....only for hot glue guns. Any suggestions?

If you are going to Walmart anyway, you should get some GE Silicone II - It works so much better than hot glue (IMO) and in my candles, when I use the silicone adhesive, those suckers don't move, no matter what. IF I reuse that jar, I usually have to get the wick tab off with a pair of pliers. 

As for the last 1/4 in of the candle, it is good to leave that in there because of safety. I would let your testers know that you don't suggest the candle to go lower than that for that reason.