Does melting soy wax in a microwave effect hot throw?

Does anyone else here melt soy wax in a microwave? Do you get good hot throw? Since I've tried so many techniques to get good hot throw that others on here are successful with but I'm not, I'm really thinking the microwave may be altering the basic molecular structure of the wax so that it can't give a good hot throw. I can't do the simple test of cooking the wax on my stovetop in a double boiler because I have narcolepsy and could fall asleep and upset the hot pots as I tend the melting wax. I only use the stovetop for the tea kettle. I'm getting a Presto Pot after the 1st, but in the mien time I just can't help but be curious about whether the microwave is the culprit. 

Edited by chevril
Spelling error in tags

Hi chevril, I use a microwave oven for melting small batches of soy wax and I use a converted electric deep fryer for melting large batches of soy wax, I haven’t noticed any difference in hot scent throw from wax melted in the microwave and wax melted in the deep fryer and I use a blend of Ecosoya CB-Advanced soy wax with other waxes. I am very happy with the hot scent throw given off and I haven’t had any complaints about scent throw. The only potential problem with using a microwave oven is that it is very easy to overheat the soy wax.