Size of bubble mailers

dandytea88

I have been driving myself crazy searching Amazon and Etsy and maybe someone can help? I'm planning to sell 2 oz samples of lotion/body butter (in about 8 scents to start with) and I have no clue whether to get different size bubble mailers (depending on many a customer orders) or just get the mailers all in one big size that can hold a lot (hypothetically if someone were to ever buy all 8 scents) or be folded and taped down if need be... 

I started to look at boxes too, but the problem with finding the right size!

I use bubble wrap and get my priority mail boxes for free from the USPS store. Bubble wrap will not only protect your product but also help to insulate it. Next, I save the peanuts I get from my many supply orders. Product wrapped in bubble wrap and packed tightly in peanuts is about the best protection you can get.

Sorry I don't use bubble wrap mailers except for personal mailing. For my product I want heavy duty protection and insulation from heat, cold, and extreme temps. So far I have had not accidents reported with this type of mailing. Knock on wood!!

Heehee! That makes sense! Fortunately I did order some USPS boxes a week or so ago, maybe I'll stay with those :) I was thinking too since I have bubble wrap already is to buy poly bags/envelopes instead of bubble mailers, then I can be happy with how they are protected by doing it myself instead of relying on a bubble mailer and hoping for the best!

I think samples may be okay in bubble wrap mailers as long as the packaging is plastic and not glass.

Whether you use boxes or mailers I would use plastic vials/bottles for lotion or cream type samples. Then I would tape the outside of the lid to seal it, then insert the bottle into a ziploc baggie just to give it extra protection in case of leakage. You just never know how rough the handling of your package may be during shipping.

Another reason why I use boxes is because when you fill it with peanuts you can limit the movement of the contents.

Once I had about ten 30 gal trash bags full of peanuts. I just kept saving peanuts for about a year until I realized how many bags I had collected. Ended up having to pitch some and give some away so I could get my storage space back again.

Anyway, just save the clean ones and if any shipments had a leaky FO bottle don't save the peanuts. Just use fresh, clean peanuts.