Liquid Dyes

This is a great topic.  I only use dyes in my tarts and usually only use dye chips.  I recently purchased two liquid dyes.  I have to say there is a fragrance in the liquid that i don't like.  It stinks and i am worried the the fragrance will bleed into my oil.  But one thing i will say is that the color was MUCH stronger than my dye blocks i use from Lone Star.

I use both liquid dyes and the premade chips.  Yes, the liquid in the bottle smells foul, but in wax I have never picked up any scent at all.  Yes, I think the liquid dyes are deeper colors than the chips.  The chips are easy, but if you want to make your own colors they are harder to mix together unless it's one whole chip or just a half chip.

• Like 2

oh!! DUH......the original question.....

I have liquid dyes from Peaks, Candlescience and Lone Star.  I don't notice any difference between any of them.  Honestly I would guess that there aren't too many different manufacturers of the liquid dyes and the suppliers buy in bulk to sell to us in one ounce bottles.  I can't say for sure...it's just a guess. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pcbrook said:

I prefer the dyes myself.  A little goes a long way.  And yes, the smell is not noticeable at all once it gets in the wax.  

I meant to say "Liquid" dyes!  Sheesh!  IT must be Monday!