Forever candle

I want to make candles using a silicone tealight insert I bought from a company. You insert it in the mold before pouring the wax. I made one and when I took it out of the mold, I had to pry the insert out of the wax. And there were cracks on the candle. And wax got under the insert. I used a concave seamless mold. Has anyone done this and had any success. I'm using pillar Palm wax.

What is your insert made of and how are you attaching? I have a silicone insert and attach it with a screw to the wick hole in the mold. I've never had a problem like you are describing with a concave mold or a flat top mold - flat top molds are easier however. 

I made another one and heated the mold before I poured the wax. No cracks this time. But still a little wax to clean out before I could take the insert out. And I found that using a pair of pliers pulled it right out. I'm using the same silicone insert with a screw and concave molds. How tight do you tighten the screw?