SM3 program and loading weights

Candybee

Argh! I am so frustrated. Trying to load in my supplies into soapmaker. For those that use it do you use SG specific gravity? and how do you put in SG for stuff like Tussah silk and micas, herbs? I put in .001 just to put something in there. But I am so confused. Can anyone tell me what they do? thanks.

I'm finding that when I add an ingredient it asks for the SG and won't let you enter it until you fill it in. Not having trouble finding SG's for oils. I can easily find those in IFRA sheets. But tussah silk and micas?!!

Problem is if you don't load weights in the right way it messes up the cost.

Hopefully I can figure it out somehow. But in the meantime if anyone has any help on this it would be greatly appreciated.

I've never noticed the SG messing up any costs. Actual weights, yes, bot not the SG. I know you have to put something in there in order for it to save, which is why if I don't know it, I usually put 1 or .1 but that's never been a problem for me because as I said, I find that the SG in my applications is something I don't need to know or have in order to complete my recipe or make my batch. 

• Like 1

I was wondering if the SG made any difference in the cost of the product. I know it does when you list a supply order and don't load the weight in right. I just assumed the SG also effected the costs. I guess this is one of those things where I need to use the program for a while before I can determine if it does or not.

All I can say is I don't like loading everything all at once and learning how to do it as I go. But that is probably the best way to do it. I just keep finding myself stopping to do something else because I get so frustrated. When does the fun part start?!! LOL

The SG doesn't affect the cost at all. It's in there for the people who really want to know/use all of the scientific aspects of their products. SG just refers the density of a product when equally compared to the density of water. (a little more to it, but that's the main gist of it) 

• Like 1

Well I think I have it pretty well figured out. I am being precise when entering weights for supply orders. For entering the SG on new products I have no problem with oils just the silk and other dry goods like micas. So for now I am just going to wing it. But it does take .001 or .01 so that is good to know.

Thanks. I also noticed that when I added in some of the supplies that the recipes already in would update. Very cool. I know I will appreciate the program much more when I am finished loading. So far I have only put in 3 recipes. I was hoping to get everything loaded before the end of January. Guess when I get snowed in this weekend I will have some time on my hands then. LOL

so true, I learned so much more, after I had to reload my recipes after my computer went down and I didn't backup my recipes I have even imported my pictures of the finished soap, and dont' forget after you put in your recipes, hit make and it will show you and you can print out just the recipes, ingredient and the cure time,.well worth the money.

• Like 1