Testing wax melts

Shar

I usually wait at least 3 days if not a little longer. I have melts that are 3 years old and some of them smell stronger than when I first poured them. Also, like country bee said it depends on how strong the scent is to begin with.

Edited by Belinda
  • Like 1

Thanks Ladies! I'm using the ellipso oval portion cups( Polypro) to pour the melts in. Really liking those...That is amazing Belinda that some of them are stronger after 3 years! I would have thought they would be weak after sitting that long...I must be patient and let them cure longer! 

I personally burn them the day after I pour and if I don't get a good throw I move on to different FO.  My customers are not gonna wait a week or even a few days before burning their tarts. 

Edited by ChrisR
can't spell!
  • Like 1

I personally burn them the day after I pour and if I don't get a good throw I move on to different FO.  My customers are not gonna wait a week or even a few days before burning their tarts. 

I have been surprised how strong some of the next day testers were,  and some I thought would be strong are not. I figured all my strong cp soap scents would have a strong throw in wax but it has not been the case on a few. Thanks for the feedback! 

I have candles that I've had for over 10 years (not any made my me, I just started 3 years ago) that smell just like they did when I bought them. I don't know if they're paraffin or soy but my guess would be paraffin. Some are para/soy. I also have some melts left from a swap that we did on here at least two years ago that still smell like they did they day I got them. I think it really depends on the scent. 

I could just be thinking some of my melts smells stronger after 3 years because I can't remember how they smelled when I first poured them LOL! I do know that I have some that smell just as strong after a couple of years as new ones I've poured of the same scent. I really think it depends on the scent and how they're stored. 

• Like 1

I have also burned mine the day after and they've been fine. I'm like you, I don't really want something that my customers have to wait on to cure to use but I don't usually get them delivered for at least a couple of days and if I ship them then they've cured along the way. That's why I switched to all paraffin, supposedly no cure time really needed.  :)

• Like 1