Need suggestions for new container

Hello everyone! While on Filmore getting Christmas Tree fragrance (you all are such bad influences), I found this lovely jar that I would like to try. Ive pretty much stuck with the same two containers over the past year of learning this art, so ready to spread my wings a bit! The waxes I will be using are either 464 or 6006, I have the full gammet of ECO, HTP, LX, Zinc and a few sizes of CD wicks. I generally stick with between 6 to 8 percent FO, dependant on the fragrance and increasingly have not been adding color to my candles. Any suggestions for wicking, fragrance or general experience you have had would be most appreciated. I want to thank everyone in advance for your help, this forum is amazing and I truly appreciate you experienced chandlers willingness to share with us Newbies!

http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/12-oz-Straight-Sided-Jars-82-Lug-P46.aspx?c=1

Edited by Nancy63

Hi Nancy,

That is what I call the shorter versian of the salsa jar.  I've used for years the same jar but in the 16oz.

Using 464, I would usually go with 1 cd18.

And using that fragrance oil, (christmas tree) which is the truest balsam fir fragrance you will find anywhere.  It is a very strong thrower and using 6% oil and letting it cure for 2 weeks you'll have a wonderful smelling candle.  You will LOVE that fragrance.

The black lid looks smashing on it.

Here is a picture of it in the 16oz I used to always use.

In this picture I sprayed the lid a rust texture.

Don't look at my first time label I made from a paper bag...lol

Salsajar-2.jpg

Trappeur

• Like 2

Thanks Trappeur! I will do that. Wish I had ordered some black lids, but there's always paint right? :) I am working up to the 16 ouncers, slowly, this is definitly an art of patience. I have "accidently" let some candles cure for a month (I usually can't wait) and you are spot on, the difference in scent and burn were amazing! Can't wait to try this scent!

Thanks for the pic, even early on you were a true artist!

I use that jar also- not selling in that jar yet but working on it

I have been finding with 415 the CDN16 and the CD14 or 16 working well- no dye

The parasoy I am still working on but CD12 and 14 seem to be doing well

I also use the black lids and can't wait to finish up the testing and introduce it for sale

So you like my paper bag label? lol.....that is so funny.  When I first started in candles, I couldn't afford to buy labels from a company and so what I did was cut up a grocery paper bag to the size of a regular piece of 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper, put in my printer and printed off the computer.  Actually this account loved em...hard to believe.  Since then, I think I've gotten a little bit better....lol :) 

Trappeur