What Would You Change????

MLG

I have attached two pictures of labels I've been working on, but I am at a standstill. They are needing something - I just don't know what. I think I have looked at them so long, I'm bum fuzzled. Any ideas????post-14813-0-44350000-1444792744_thumb.ppost-14813-0-92315400-1444792897_thumb.p

Hi MLG,

I do like the vineyards one better, but if you wanted to improve it, I'd say make the border a different color (maybe purple?). And there isn't enough contrast for the words "Sundrenched Vineyards". Perhaps if you lightened up the brown, or used white with a purple border around it? I don't know, you'd have to play around. I know label designing can take up so much time! 

Best of luck

Georgialee

• Like 2

Guest OldGlory

I also like the label with the grapes better. When I look at labels on famous brand candles, the pictures on the labels usually represent the fragrance, and the picture/graphic is prominent.

My 2 cents:

I would put the name of your company at the bottom, and move the name of the fragrance into the graphic and lighten the background around the fragrance name. Also increase the size of the words.

I can sit for hours at my computer until I get it right! Not a good use of my time for sure.

I too like the picture on the right, but that's all I see is the picture. I'd take a nice golden yellowish color and put the name of the scent somewhere on that picture so 1) the scent stands out; 2) it breaks up the monotony of the picture. You want to be able to tell what the picture is, yes, but do something more with it. 

The fonts on this label are also much nicer than the other label. I get the play on the brown lines and green middle, but the green middle is just too overpowering for what the mint in mind looks like. That's like a ton of mint to an itty bitty amount of chocolate. It looks awkward IMO. The fonts on this need changed. 

The thing about labels ... you need consistency running through them. You need it in your name and then whatever you use, if you use something different (and I would) needs to be similar but different. 

If you choose to use one font for all of it, your name should be among the smaller sizes of font because people will think they're buying an FOS and may just stay stuck on FOS trying to figure out what it is. 

You want eye appeal and easy read/easy understand. 

• Like 1