6006 Opinions

Ok- I am looking for the best candle critics for some of your thoughts on this candle.

• This is 100% 6006.
  • The scent is NG's Blueberry Muffin at 8%.
  • The wick is CD 18.
  • The jar - 16oz. Salsa
  • The cold throw is great but the hot throw is greater. -
  • The candle has been burning for about 4 hours and the top of the jar is not real hot to the touch. I can leave my hand on the jar with out having to quickly pull my hand back in fear of getting burnt. -
  • The only reason I would not sell this candle is because of the black around the jar as upon lighting it it has been smoking off and on.
  • I only filled the jar half way to test. - My Guess is it would be blacker if I started testing with a full jar.
  • I would be scared to back down on the FO as it might not throw as well just as Candles sciences Macintosh apple did going from 8% down to 6% which at 6% gave me more of a burnt smell.
  • So what are your thoughts? 

post-9786-0-62339200-1443303759_thumb.jp

post-9786-0-19640500-1443303780_thumb.jp

post-9786-0-07962000-1443303807_thumb.jp

Guest OldGlory

Everything looks OK to me, except for the soot and mushroom. Can you try a different wick? Maybe wick down a tiny bit.

I use this jar all the time with 6006 and I use zinc wicks - but I am going to test Premiers during the early months of 2016.

I know that blueberry muffin or cobbler can be extra tough to wick correctly.

I would definitely like to use this FO because of the throw. I am going to order a larger bottle and do some more testing. -  Do you guys feel that if I use less of this FO I will lose some of my throw with this particular bakery scent?  I do have some ECO and Zinc wicks. -  I am also factoring in the wonder should I add just a bit of soy... 

Guest OldGlory

I would not change the wax yet. I would try using 6% FO and wicking down a smidge and reevaluate after you burn a full candle this time. Each time you test with minor changes you will learn something.

• 2 weeks later...