NG's Fresh Fallen Leaves: coupla questions

amanda

I wanted to try an autumn leaves type of scent and looked through the FO section of the forum as well as the scent descriptions of any "leaves" scents at the suppliers I use.

I knew I didn't want one that was fruity or cinnamonny because I have so many fruity or cinnamon-spiced scents for fall already. I thought NG Fresh Fallen Leaves would be a good earthy addition to my fall line. Here's the description on the NG page: "This fragrance oil by Natures Garden smells just like the aroma of fresh fallen leaves. You won't believe how true to life this smell is!" And it has really good reviews.

But I just think it smells like soap. Like dial handsoap. I had some friends smell it out of bottle and they said it smells pretty but perfumy or soapy and not really like leaves.

Anyone else use this fragrance?

It throws super well. Is there anything I can add to it to get a crisp, earthy, leafy type of scent? A few oils I have that I thought might work:

Sandalwood vanilla

Oakmoss

Antique sandalwood

Tobacco

Pine Cones

Any thoughts on this oil or what you would do to fix it? Should I just try one of the "leaves" scents that have the fruit and spice notes?

Thanks internet friends!! :D