Geekrunner - my 444 tests

Photo number 1 - 8 oz tin with Golden Brands 444 - FO Black Cherry. Burn time was 3 hours with a HTP 126

Photo number 2 - same as above with a 3.75 hour

Photo number 3 - same candle, 4.25 hours - just a slight bit of hangup around half of the tin. There is some mushrooming, but then again it's been over 4 hours and it's time to trim the wick.

What do you think? Do I have it?

Thanks....Chris

post-1605-139458390304_thumb.jpg

post-1605-139458390307_thumb.jpg

post-1605-139458390311_thumb.jpg

I notice (as you said) on the 4 hour burn it still has a little wax on the one side. The two waxes I have been testing are like this too no matter how high I wick up or which wick I use. Is this acceptable or not?

It looks Great Chris,,,When I used J223 it did that to, left a little bit on the jars, But so I gave them as gifts and they came back for more!! LOL ,,,I think you have done a great job!!!

I have some pics of the 444 but had to double wick with 60z and then it burned great BUT after I blew it out,,it had a milky white look to it on the sides,,,Whats that? :confused:

Just got home from work. It looks pretty good to me! Even with a little hangup, eventually it will slide on down as the tin heats up. You definitely don't want to wick up, or you'll have a flamethrower! Also, even if you center the wick perfectly in the tin the natural curl of the wick as it burns will make it offset slightly, and thus the hangup. But again, that will catch up in time. Nice job!

geek

I have some pics of the 444 but had to double wick with 60z and then it burned great BUT after I blew it out,,it had a milky white look to it on the sides,,,Whats that? :confused:

That could be residue from whatever else is in the 444. The 449 had a residue but top surmised it was palm wax.

geek