Can anyone get on Nurture soap site?

Candybee

I have been waiting since 9:00 am for this sale. So when it was 1:pp EST I tried getting on and..... nothing.... can't. Still can't. I am a little PO'd about it too! What good is it to have a sale where customers can't even get on your site.

Sorry... end of rant.

I think it's her new server. She stated the sale before it was fully tested and now it's gone haywire on her. 

:( Probably just as well for me. It's not like I "need" any colorants (I have a 6ft table FILLED with them) but a new mold would have been nice... *sigh* 

You were right! LOL

Has anyone tried her Hollywood pink? If and when I can get on her website I am going to order some. Also, which glitter is the kind that looks white but glitters all the colors? I don't use much glitter and want the one that matches the color of whatever I put it on. KWIM?

You were right! LOL

Has anyone tried her Hollywood pink? If and when I can get on her website I am going to order some. Also, which glitter is the kind that looks white but glitters all the colors? I don't use much glitter and want the one that matches the color of whatever I put it on. KWIM?

Iridescent glitter is the kind that looks white but shimmers rainbow colors. I think I have her hollywood pink, but I haven't put it in anything yet. 

• Like 1

Candybee, Mad Oils has a gorgeous (even to a non-glitter person) multi-colored glitter called Nina Simone.  I would definitely try it if I were looking for something that goes with everything.  That sounds kind of awful, but it is really pretty and sparkly and rainbow-y, but not in a yucky garish way.

I am hoping the Nurture site goes back up soon too.  I spent an hour yesterday looking at the website and putting things in my cart so that I could go on and off quickly today.  On the dishforum someone said they had communicated with Nurture and they would extend the period of the sale for the time the site is down.  Kind of frustrating, though, since we do not know when it will go back up again.

• Like 1

Yeah I got that email about them crashing. Its still not up and running yet. I was able to put one item in my cart but the site crashed. That was about 2 hrs ago. So don't know when.

Thanks for the tip about the glitter. I am gonna try to get it from Nurture thou as I really want to get those things I need on sale. I have a very limited budget and the sale prices are fantastic! (If I can get them that is!) LOL

THE SALE IS BEING POSTPONED. I'm really sorry folks but until my host gets their stuff together I'm postponing the sale. This is an issue beyond my control. For those of you who got to order, your orders will be fulfilled. I deeply sincerely apologize to each and every one of you. I was promised by my (very expensive) host that it could handle this traffic. Obviously it can't. I will post updates here.

The facebook page is back up and this is the message on there

• Like 1

I saw your email. That was sweet to send it out letting us know whats going on. So sorry about the site crashing. That must have been so frustrating!

I will try to cool my heels while I am waiting... I adore the vibrance micas and am totally out so I knew I wanted to get in on this fabulous sale!! Sorry about the rant earlier. Sometimes I freak out before I have a chance to cool down!

I got the email from Carrie. It's too bad this had to happen, but at least she is making it right by postponing (again) until the bugs are worked out. 

THE SALE IS BEING POSTPONED. I'm really sorry folks but until my host gets their stuff together I'm postponing the sale. This is an issue beyond my control. For those of you who got to order, your orders will be fulfilled. I deeply sincerely apologize to each and every one of you. I was promised by my (very expensive) host that it could handle this traffic. Obviously it can't. I will post updates here.

The facebook page is back up and this is the message on there

Candybee, if you want to check out the Nina Simone, send me a snail mail address in a PM.  I'll send you a bit of mine, I owe you from way back on all your advice on MP when I was obsessed with that (have switched obsessions to CP at the moment, no doubt the next will be a mix:)  I got a 2.5 oz jar for 11.50 which will last me forever.

Actually I think I am going to go ahead and order from Mad Oils today. Timing is important and I have already waited more days than I wanted to order the micas. I need to go ahead and order what I need now. I might still take advantage of the sale at Nurture when it happens. Will see.

So I will will let you all know what I get from Mad Oils.

not_ally: I will get me some glitter too! Thanks for the tip and thank you much for the generous offer but it looks like I will get what I need anyway.

No problem, Candybee, I was really grateful for your advice.  I am one of those research types, have long "tip summary" docs on both MP and CP, the MP one has tons of references to "as per Candybee .."  My MP bars are all nice and hard b/c of your tip regarding 1/2 tspn of CO and OO!  So belated but very heart felt thanks, you are one of those generous posters who teaches newbies so much and are probably unaware of the impact you make on them much of the time.

Question:  does anyone have an email address for Carrie/nurture?  The site is offline and I would like to order some non-sale items ASAP.

• Like 1

Candy, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mad Oils micas. (even more so than Nuture's) and they come in jars not bags, so - no poofing out of colorant when you open them. (even the samples are in tiny jars!) 

I have every shade of mica they have in one size or another. (although, of course I haven't used them all! LOL but getting there) 

Their fragrance pricing is a little high, but their shipping prices are really good. I think you'll like them. 

Let us know what you get from them. :) 

Okay I just sent in my order. I got:

Grape Nehi (purple)

Bright Yellow Raincoat (bright yellow)

Orange Crush (bright orange)

The Maniacal Pea (bright green)

Bazooka Joe (pink)

Voodoo (raspberry)

TD (thankfully she carries the water soluble)

and the Nina Simone iridescent glitter.

I am giddy like a little child. I can't wait for my 'treasures' to get to my house and open up my box of goodies!!

Oh I hope the Bazooka Joe is really, really pink. It looked so pretty in the picture. I am also excited about the Maniacal Pea. Love the name but hoping it is bright green. Same with the yellow raincoat.

I loved the sample bright mica collection, so I used that as my guide for ordering the ones I wanted. I love bright colors. Thats why I love the 'vibrance' micas from Nurture. They really are bright.

I am hoping the Voodoo (raspberry) doesn't bleed like the vibrance raspberry does. That would be awesome!

You have to use quite a bit of the grape nehi to not have it go grey (but that is pretty typical of purple) It's the purple I used in my Mardi Gras soap! 

I haven't used the maniacal pea (which is more of an olive green in the bottle than a bright green) or the voodoo, but the rest pretty much stay true in CP. 

I think you will like the bazooka jo. 

I've used the TD. It's a typical TD so nothing special, but it is what it is. LOL 

Also, she will send a couple freebie samples. I *think* they still send the m&m's but not sure. They stopped for a while, but I think they started doing that again. 

And the samples they send are always great (IMO) I've gotten botanicals, scents - (both eos and fos), mica, clays, and once I even got some resin tear drops? (I'll have to look them up to see exactly what it is I got) Not sure what they are or what they are used for, but I have them! LOL 

• Like 1