Jelly isn't Smelly

Hi all,

I have been a lurking around for a while, have a question now that I just have to ask.

2 weeks ago I made a 4oz smelly jelly, it only smells when I put it under my nose.:(

Any suggestions, I will appreciate.

I used:

3oz distilled water

1/2 tsp crystals

1 tsp Angel wings FO

1 drop of blue dye

put it in a 4oz baby food jar

I was wanting to experiment before moving on to bigger sizes.

Thanks, Pam

add more FO. IMO, you can't add too much (to an extent). It is not like a candle that you have to worry about a fire hazzard. Noone will be lighting the smelly jelly so too much FO shouldnot be a problem. I use 1TBSP FO per 6oz. of water and put in 8oz. jelly jar.

HTH

T

Pam, isn't Angel Wings a pretty light scent? Also the opening size of your jar could have an impact on scent throw. A baby food jar has a pretty small top compare to a 8 oz jelly jar. I make these mainly for bathrooms or guest rooms. The 8 oz jelly jar works pretty good in a normal size bathroom. Also I general use FOs with a pretty stong OOB smell. Try one in a 8 oz jelly jar with a stronger FO to see the diff. I got the daisy lids to use for these. Really works well. My recipe calls for 6 oz of distilled water and 1 T of FO. I have some I made 1 1/2 yrs ago that still smell great. Just keep adding distilled water as it evaporates.

Howdy from WV. That small of a jar, plus the FO you used wont have much of a throw. Angel Wings is a light FO. You may want to try more FO. I would also suggest using a stronger FO to test...maybe something like Black Cherry, or something strong like that. Also, smelly jellies wont in general have alot of throw, but do work fantastic in small rooms or offices... anyway, welcome from one fellow WV'ian to another :grin2: