Low Smoke Zinc Wicks

Just stumbled across these while surfing a bit. Do these actually work vs a standard zinc to reduce smoking? How are they sized? I can not find them in a wick chart to start testing. I am testing status jars which measure a little over 3" with 4630 and J-50 separately. 51's are recommended for standard zincs. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Candle Maker's Store sells them, but I never really noticed a difference.  As long as you keep your wicks trimmed and use the right size you should be fine with whatever you are already using..  The one thing that I like about the zinc wicks though is the fact that they stand straight up in the jar on their own after you put them in!

I used to get them from WSP.  I'm glad there's another supplier because WSP doesn't sell them any longer.

I use them because years ago I did all my R & D with them, and I don't want to start all over again  but I'm almost out.

But drat, the ones at The Candle Makers Store are sold with different sizing.  Hmmm - Guess I need to re-evaluate anyway.

Edited by CareBear