Homemade Foam Soap?

soap_nut

I was looking at a local essential oil suppliers website today and noticed that they sell homemade foam soap with potassium hydroxide, coconut oil, water and essential oils.  Has anyone ever made this?  I've only seen recipes for this using castille soap and not really making it from scratch like this.  Here is the link to the product

http://wyndmerenaturals.com/store/home.php?cat=83

I use my straight coconut LS to remove laundry stains and for cleaning only. For a good hand soap I prefer more moisturizing oils along with the coconut oil. The soap will trace much quicker if some glycerine is subbed for some of the water amount. You can make it in a crockpot or I like to use a large stainless steel pot and after the soap traces place it in a warm oven to cook. Stir it every now and then, and you wind up with a translucent paste. Remove alittle paste and check it for doneness with a drop of phenolpthalein. If clear it's done. If pink, then continue cooking. After it's done, dilute. Jackie Thompson just came out with a new book, "Liquid Soapmaking". It has a lot of recipes, info and tips that might be helpful. I recently got a copy.