Libbey Cabos Colors Glasses - 10 oz - from Wallyworld

I'm so excited about these adorable colored tumblers I picked up at Wallyworld tonight for less than $6.00. With a discounted Walmart gift card from GiftCardGranny.com they would have been even cheaper. Gonna test these puppies, anyone want to join me? :-) I'm hoping the narrowing slant at the top will help propel the HT. I'll use clear plastic circles with a wick hole sitting on the wax as "lids" I guess, unless there's a better idea.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Libbey-Glass-4-Piece-Cabos-Colors-Dof-Set/36188300

Edited by HorsescentS
  • Like 1

Guest OldGlory

Someone has the dust covers (plastic circles) in their regular inventory but I can't remember who and I don't have time right now to search. I think it was either BCN or BCS, but I'm not sure.

I used my Creme Brulee wax in another test so these pics are the end of the first three-hour burn session with Cajun's Christmas Memories 6%. Since I poured to 3/4" below the rim for a nice deep heat sink, I'm happy with the HTP 105's performance in this jar. It looks freakin' awesome for a tester made from melted down extras. And the tapered top does fling the HT across the room. :-)

post-8537-0-63530000-1420012134_thumb.jp

post-8537-0-54563800-1420012158_thumb.jp

Edited by HorsescentS

How CUTE are those??!! Thanks for the heads up Horsescents! Hmmm.....after the crazy crowds here in Sevierville and Gatlinburg leave tomorrow, perhaps I shall dare to stick my toes into the local Walmart.  :)

Edited by puma52

puma, I love the way they add a dash of color to a white candle, and a bit of zing if you pour a color that contrasts with the glass base.

Exactly what I am thinking! Lime/orange, purple/lime, yellow/purple, lime/blue and on and on. Make some kind of gift set with them. Candle/lotion/soap, candle/lotion/lip balm, Spa gift sets.....  They will be adorable for Spring and Summer! Oh the ideas! :)

• Like 1

How pretty this candle line is! These are the same tumblers except the glass walls are colored too. http://m.zgallerie.com/p-14646-glow-candle.aspx I don't know if they bought the glasses colored like that or not

The Libbey glass catalogue has a section on glass decorating techniques, and the colored glasses have been sprayed with glass paint. Michael's has the Martha Stewart glass paints and her spray kit.

Edited by HorsescentS