I want color to my CP soap

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I want to add color to my CP soap. I'm on a roll now. What do I use? I tried the liquid dyes ( B & B safe) that I use for my lotions and M & P, but as my picture shows (in the gallery), it didn't swirl anything. It speckled it. I want nice swirls or color the whole bar. Any suggestions on what to use and where I can get it from? Thanks!

Guest EMercier

OK, so say I use the natural colors? How do I know when and how much to use? Those links have me a bit confused. That would be great. OK, for instance, cocoa powder. Is that the same stuff that you can buy at the store that you mix to make chocolate milk? Do I have to mix that with anything before adding at trace?

OK, so say I use the natural colors? How do I know when and how much to use? Those links have me a bit confused. That would be great. OK, for instance, cocoa powder. Is that the same stuff that you can buy at the store that you mix to make chocolate milk? Do I have to mix that with anything before adding at trace?

Try taking the cocoa powder and mixing it with a little bit of oil..it will make sort of a paste...then you will take a cup or so of your soap (I do it before I add the scent) and pour it into the color and mix it up good. Then you will either swirl in the pot or in the mold.

If you want to try Mica...I would try www.betweenfriendstoo.com

you can order samples of each color and it is the perfect amount to color a 2-3 lb batch.

Guest EMercier
Try taking the cocoa powder and mixing it with a little bit of oil..it will make sort of a paste...then you will take a cup or so of your soap (I do it before I add the scent) and pour it into the color and mix it up good. Then you will either swirl in the pot or in the mold.

If you want to try Mica...I would try www.betweenfriendstoo.com

you can order samples of each color and it is the perfect amount to color a 2-3 lb batch.

So, what type of oil? Any or one that I've used with my soap?

Guest EMercier
I've used liquid dyes before in my CP soap, and it worked just fine...I was wondering how you tried to color it to make it come out speckled?

Let's just say I had a "senior moment" and put the liquid in the pot. I tried some soap out of the batch, but it didn't work, but that was because my consistency was all off! I get it now. I'm learning, slowly, but I'm learning. You would never think I had a 3.45 GPA in school currently, because that is easy. This soap stuff is like a science. I got candles much easier than this. :grin2: