Is all sea salt solarized?

Candybee

I assume when I see "solarized" salts that its been dried out in the sun. Does anyone know if all sea salt is done this way? I'm interested in the process of salt making and its pros and cons so wondering where to start my research. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest OldGlory

With regard to salt making in general, there were salt mines near Salzburg, Austria, that were open to tourists in the 1980's. Vast underground caverns now where salt was once mined. There is probably a history of the mines online if it's of interest to you.

We actually toured the Salzberg salt mines on a family trip when I was a kid! It was amazing! They had us dress up in the garb that the miners wore, including a leather flap that went over your butt to protect it from the wooden slides that took you down into the mine! So cool.

Guest OldGlory

Gosh you must be a youngster, lol. I was there (as an adult!) in the very early 80's and we wore our street clothes, no sliding. A cart pulled us through the mine instead. Did you think it was wierd that salt was being mined underground?