National Shrinkwrap packagemaster system for CP???

kidsngarden

Long time, no write to my Craft Server Buddies!  

I am seriously looking into a pachagemaster shrink wrap system.  I have seen the video tutorial and a testimonial from "the saponifier" about using the packagemaster to shrink wrap CP soap.  I am skeptical because my experience over these nine years of making CP is that CP needs a bit of air to prevent sweating and rancidity, plus I sell so much better if the customer can smell the soap.  I have used Dan's bands and the like in the past, but now I have high, textured tops on most of my bars so the bands won't fit, plus I am amping up production big time so time is important.

I would also be using it to seal my lotion bar tins and lip balm tubes and also considering using it for bath bombs, which of course need to be wrapped the opposite of CP so that works out... I THINK....

What say ye?  I store my soap unwrapped in cardboard boxes separated by scent until I ship it out, but for the holiday shows coming up there will be a whole lotta wrapping going on!

TIA!

Clarification - I see that the Polyolifin has "holes" so you can smell the soap.  Are said holes enough to also allow the soap to breathe? are the TOO much for a bath bomb so much that the bath bomb would fizz in humid conditions?  Has anyone tried the Biolefin?

Will say that even though you can smell through the perforated wrap, it is not usually really knock your socks off.

My in-person faire soap sales fell when i shrink wrapped, and returned better than ever when i stopped shrink wrapping. I changed to tight fitting glassine bags for my in person events.

The trade off was inclement weather. Shrinky dinked soap outlasts all other wrapping. Glassine was a mess in humidity. I ended up re-bagging quite a lot of soap when our humidity rose to the 90% range this summer.

WS customers ask for shrink because it keeps the product looking pristine in retail shops.

What i love the system for is prepping WS orders! I shrink the items "bulk style" (like 25 lip balm tubes in a bundle) and boxes of serum bottles. It really protects the products and makes quality control on both ends a snap.