Which oil is good in the "free gift" section at The Candlemakers Store?

Dana

I just picked up an order from The Candlemakers Store. I received a free gift as well and chose birthday cake. Kinda disappointed with it oob it smells very weak. The sugar cookie sample smelled like air oob. The vanilla cupcake sample smells like lemon oob. I just emailed the owner and I'm hoping to get an exchange for the vanilla cupcake. There are no descriptions, so how could I possibly know it would smell like lemon???

I've had good results with:

Monkey bomb

Mocha cappuccino

Chocolate covered cherries

Rose petals

Lick me all over

Love spell

There are many other samples and sale size 4oz oils I oredered that smelled good and strong oob. I'm have high hopes for those :)

I chose cinnamon sugar as my free gift and it smells good oob.

I bought a few of the specially priced FO's and the wintermint smells peculiar to me.  Granny's pumpkin pie was good, but the cold throw isn't nearly as strong as CS Pumpkin souffle.  That being said, I've had my friends and family smell both candles, and some like Granny's Pumpkin Pie better.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I emailed the owner of the candle makers store about the lemon-smelling vanilla cupcake fragrance.  He wouldn't agree to an exhange or a refund.  I think its pretty ridiculous that he'd be willing to lose a fragrance client who has spent hundreds with his business over a $2.45 sample.  I won't be buying anymore samples from there.  If you can't judge the fragrance from the name and there is no description of the fragrance then I'm not willing to risk it anymore.

I've purchased from candle cacoon, peak, natures garden, and rustic essestials.  I liked their fragrances, websites, and customer service better.  Guess I'm stuck paying shipping charges now :(