Soaper's Choice or Essential Depot

ChandlerWicks

I use both and both have good quality products.

I generally buy my bulk oils & butters from Soapers Choice. I buy my lye from ED. When I am at ED I usually end up buying whatever else I may need to tide me over until I am ready to order in bulk again from SC. I would say I much prefer the outstanding packaging of ED, especially their lye.

One day I made a spread sheet to compare prices of them. Most bulk oils are cheaper at Soapers Choice. While sometimes I don't need a gallon jug of something I can buy a smaller size at ED. So that helps me save money.

• Like 1

I use both and both have good quality products.

I generally buy my bulk oils & butters from Soapers Choice. I buy my lye from ED. When I am at ED I usually end up buying whatever else I may need to tide me over until I am ready to order in bulk again from SC. I would say I much prefer the outstanding packaging of ED, especially their lye.

One day I made a spread sheet to compare prices of them. Most bulk oils are cheaper at Soapers Choice. While sometimes I don't need a gallon jug of something I can buy a smaller size at ED. So that helps me save money.

Hey Candybee...do you use the unrefined shea butter? If so, have you tried both Essential Depot's and Soaper's Choice? Any difference?

• Like 1

I have used the shea butter from ED and Soapmakingresource. I don't think I have used it from Soapers Choice yet.  Maybe I have and just don't remember.

But I usually buy it in smaller batches so that is why I have been buying from ED and SMR. I normally get the unrefined if given a choice. I really like it. Its a pale light yellow and has a very light scent. You can't smell anything in the finished product. I prefer unrefined mainly because its less processed so retains more nutrients.