4627 - Should I wick up or down?

• 10 months later...

I liked the lx wicks but after a month of cure,they smoked the jar rim even with short trims.I liked the steady flame too.Now I find after a weeks cure htp wicks burn great with little to no mushrooming and a clean jar with great scent after 2 years of testing.I tried htp wicks in the past and hated them but I use a 3 inch jar now and there ya go.I think the worst wick I used was eco wicks in 4627 wax,

• Like 1

Hellou everyone! :)  And thanks for your messages! I have tested  HTP 73, 83 and 104 wicks (3" container). I got quite good MP with 104, but flame gets too tall and it flickers too much. Trimming helps, but I try to find wick that doesn't need trimming. (Is this possible??) I also tested LX 18, but it was too small. MP and flame was too small. I ordered bigger LX wicks to make more testing. CD wicks seems to smoke too much and zink wicks flickers and smokes too. Is there any another wicks I could try with 4627? Good luck all of you!!

Kaisa =)

in my 3 '' containers I use htp 93,after a few hours the hang ups are gone and the burn is good,steady ,no flicking,no smoke and don't need to trim wick very often,even the power burn is good except the jar gets a little hot.Good luck ,hang in there you will find your wick.

• Like 1

Thank you! Now I have tested HTP 104 with dye and 6% FO. Im very happy. :)   CT and HT is amazing! Much better than lx and cd wicks gave! There was no side smell! Yipii! Finally! I can still smell  side smell (burned oil)  when Im melting the wax, but FO fade it away. Im still waiting for Aztec reply, they are investigating reason for that. I also got full MP with HTP 104 after third (3h) testburn. Only problem is little too big and flickering flame, so I have to trim the wick. I will order HTP 93 and test them too. Thanks for the tip, Country bee!  :)  I also tested ECO wicks, but they colored wax brown and HT was very weak. B)