polymer clay

Vicky_CO

I think I want to start playing with this. What are the must haves for a beginner?

Everything you think you want/need/don't need/and all the stuff that looks really super cool. 

I know that wasn't helpful to you at all, but might as well get it so you have it when you want to use it or just look at it. (Not that I shop this way, no, no, no.  :whistling: )

Dang that kit ought to get you going in no time.

Edited by Scented

I know that wasn't helpful to you at all, but might as well get it so you have it when you want to use it or just look at it. (Not that I shop this way, no, no, no.  :whistling: )

Hey I am try not to shop that way this time. Was hoping to be smart this time around. You are not helping encouraging me to be bad :laugh2:

Who? Me? Encourage anyone to be bad? Nah!

See I would want it all and my bro would look at me and shake his head, say I didn't need all that crap (possibly swipe it) but I get bored quickly if it's basic and simple so see I would want it all right there just to aggravate me when I couldn't figure out how to use it or not making something right ... I shouldn't shop like that, but I know me and know that I'll wish I had it. That and I live over an hour away from stores that carry that stuff so I'm likely to splurge right away just so I wouldn't have to schedule a trip just to go buy it and whatever else I might think I might (not) need and better have. 

Now did that help you splurge? lol

The kit is nice but I think it's a little pricey.  If you have Michaels or Hobby Lobby near you, you can get the machine for about 15.00 with a coupon and then they frequently have 50
% off sales on clay, etc.  JMO.  don't know if they carry the book, but there are a ton of tutorials on youtube and all over the net..

• Like 1

I should have bought the kit it would have been cheaper LOL There was so many colors.

oh, boy, I know how that goes.  But you did get more for your money, right?  I hope!

Any time I walk in joann's or Michaels it's a disaster.  And forget about hobby Lobby..

Edited by nursenancy

I don't have any of those stores within one hour from me so I ordered just one block of Premo online to play with to see how it works.  I am interested in adding scent to it so I wanna try that out.

It is probably a good thing i do not have any store close by cuz I probably would have went crazy too! :)  

My must haves... white, black, trans, brown, yellow, green, blue and orange I do a lot of color blending unless its a really particular color im needing.

My tool must haves... pasta machine, small hand roller, exacto knife/ long blade and basic shape cutters, circles, square etc for texture I use whatever I can find or that looks interesting, I use netting from old bath scrubbies, believe me it makes great scales for fish or reptiles, tooth picks for small detailing, I'll use just about anything to get a different interesting texture.

• Like 1