Just wanted to introduce myself

amanda

Hello all!

I'm Amanda and I started making candles about a year ago. It started as gifts for family and friends and then people starting asking for more and this little business starting growing.

I'm happily married to a great guy and am a stay at home mom to the sweetest little 7 month old girl. She hates to be set down or put into any swing/playpen/etc, so most of my candles are made with my little sidekick baby wrapped up on my back while we listen to music and dance around our kitchen. She refuses to be babysat, so she accompanies me to all my shows (she is so social, LOVES smiling and babbling at people) and she's my top salesperson! ;) I love to think that when she's older, I can teach her and we'll make candles together.

I haven't done many shows yet, but I've had great success at the ones I've vended at, and I just got word yesterday that I got into the farner's market that I was really hoping to be accepted into! I'm so excited for that.

I couldn't be where I am in my business if it weren't for pouring through all the advice, experience, and information on this board, so THANK YOU. I originally had 16oz mason jars wicked well and good to go (those were the candles I started with as gifts), but when I tried to branch out to jelly jars, I was having a HORRIBLE time. Very frustrated and not having fun anymore. Then I got some great advice from you guys (and CD wicks!!) and now we're off to the races.

I like igi 6006 for container candles and I like to do a lot of color layering and ombré effects. I also make fun and funky little striped votives with the ecosoyaPB. I like to have fun with it, it's an awesome hobby that mixes science and creativity.

Here's a candle I made today http://i.imgur.com/mvxTyH9.jpg

It's "Blue Slushie" flavor. I'm trying to have some fun, summer scents for the market.

Thanks for reading this and I hope someday I can pay it forward on this forum and be of help to someone.

Have a nice day!

Edited by amanda

Welcome!!  I too started a little over a year ago, and the obsession continues to grow...lol.  Many hours are spent researching info but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My daughter is 11 and we are doing this together and it is amazing to have someone to bounce ideas off of:)  Hoping someday she will take over this company that I started!  I am sure your daughter will grow up the same way, wanting to be mom's sidekick!  The candle looks awesome and congrats on the farmer's market gig!  Good luck!!