The bottom of the

I am just not happy with the bottoms of my pillar candles.  Can anyone tell me how you get them nice and flat and straight?  I currently use a hot pan to "spin" them on to flatten the bottoms, but they are not always level, sometimes they are at a slant and sometimes they are rounded.  I have been told by a former roommate that I should never hang curtains because they were all crooked, so maybe my head is on crooked.  But I need a better way of making the bottoms pretty.

Thank you!

Sue Ellen

:huh:

There are a couple of ways, but you can either:

1) wick your mold (if using a wick pin) and turn that mold over while holding on to the wick and melt the bottom in a pan, rotating and twirling. 

2) while using a wick pin, top off your mold. If it hardens and you see some wax higher than the mold, trim it down with a knife (easier to show than tell, but sometimes there is more wax on one side. When this is the case, I just wait till my wax is still firm enough, but not completely hard and I trim it down with a knife -- knife is flush with rim of the mold and I keep it that way as I rotate the mold, hit it with the heat gun just enough to smooth the surface, let cool, remove the wick pin and wick and seal.)

Not sure those make sense to you, but the second is the method that has worked well for me.